Saturday, February 19, 2005

Here She Comes

Very exciting news: Debbie Stoller, author of Stitch n' Bitch and Stitch n' Bitch Nation, is coming to Knitorious!

Details:
Date: Friday, February 25
Time: 6:30 (Debbie will give a short talk at 7:00)
Where: Knitorious yarn shop in St. Louis, MO (directions on website)
Hors d'oevres and beverages will be served, and Debbie will sign copies of her books.
[added: Sandy will have copies of Debbie's new book available for purchase.]

In other news: I have no knitting to share. My knitting time has been converted to nap time. I am still keeping my Kool-aid yarn near to me at all times; it spends a lot of time on my nightstand next to my bed. I did do a few inches on the Here and There cabled scarf, but it's not worth taking a picture of at this time.

I do, however, have food to share:
Tomato Meat sauce: (again, we got the boring recipe, but did it to shame)


gnocchi:


gnocchi board I just had to buy after learning how much fun it was:


tomato meat sauce on spaghetti with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (too tired to make gnocchi at home):


Again, our grade as given to us was "Yummy!" However, my teacher has taken to calling me "Smartypants" and giving me a hard time for already knowing how to do everything in class. (You answer ONE question correctly, and you get all harassed about it.) I think it means I'm his favorite. ;)

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Mmmm. Looks good. I gave into temptation and went to Penn Station for the monthly special for dinner.

noonie said...

mmmm looks good, when do we get recipes to follow? I'm always looking for new ways of doing basic dishes as I teach Food and Textiles.

Kristin said...

Looks good! I hope to make it to Knitorious. Maybe I should go buy her book so she could sign it!

Vicki said...

What fun to have such a celeb at your lys! The food looks great. Is he cute?? ;)

PlazaJen said...

OK, I've had no appetite to speak of since this chest cold settled in - but that sauce? YUM. Makes me wish I wasn't having boring ol' soup tonight!
Curious about the gnocchi board, and if it's easy to make? We love gnocchi & I've never gone the route of making it - despite all my other kitchen & pasta gadgets!