Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Knitting Goddess Loves Me

On my way home from work, I stopped at a Hancock Fabrics to pick up some thread to sew the hook-and-eye tape on the Cardi Raye, thus making her an official FO.

Here is what my brain said as I walked into Hancock Fabrics --

"I haven't been here in a while, I wonder if the thread is still in the same place? I see signs hanging from the ceiling... Oh, "Yarn", I didn't know they had yarn here. I can see from the shelving that it's Lion Brand, but I'll go check it out after I find the thread.

"Oh yes, the thread is still in the same place. Which pink matches? Does this pink match? I think so. Let's see, is there another pink that matches better? Hmm, no, no, I guess this'll do.
[They match better than it looks in this picture, it's the shininess.]

"alright, on to the yarn. Oh yeah, I should look for a pattern for a new Bach Society dress. I'll come back.

"What is that pink yarn on the endcap? It looks like...could it be...but no...you can't even get that from the in-denial Lion Brand website.

"Oh, but it is! And it's 50% off like it should be! Please Knitting Goddess, please, may you and the goddess of dye lots smile on me today!"

And they did....
Yes, ladies, that is six skeins of Strawberries and Cream Cotton-Ease. They also had several other colors, but I resisted. I don't know how long I'll be able to avoid going back for more. They didn't have enough Sugarplum in one dye lot, but they had a lot of Candy Blue.






I had found some dusty nasty Cotton Ease at another Hancock Fabrics I frequent because they have a large Lion Brand section, and it was navy, a desirable color, but it was only 30% off, and as I mentioned, nasty.

As an offering to the Knitting Goddess, I also purchased this, which is simply a discontinued Heather Green color:

It shall be made into a sweater for a child and donated to the guild. I used one skein of Wool-Ease Sportweight for a Baby Albert before, and it turned out great. And for $2.50, who can beat it? I should go back and buy some more to make a blanket for the Founders' Day luncheon this December.

1 comments:

Gwen said...

The knitting gods are truly smiling on you. I must know which Hancock Fabrics you were at. :-) Can't wait to see Cardi Raye finished!!!