Monday, November 21, 2005

I have been tagged.

Nobody has ever tagged me before, I don't know why. But that's ok, because I don't necessarily want to be tagged for a lot of things floating around out there. But this one is good and knitty. I promise to do my best.

What is your all-time favorite yarn to knit with?

Nothing in particular, yet. I can't say that I've ever used anything more than once because I loved it so much. I really love stretchy yarns like Rowan's Calmer and Cascade Fixation. They are so much fun! Love the stretchy.

The worst thing you've ever knit?

Are you kidding? Worst because it was badly executed, or worst because it was fundamentally awful? My early projects were doomed from conception due to my ignorance of gauge and yarn sources other than Target or Shopko or craft stores, and I don't want to talk about it. The worst thing I've ever knit that wasn't technically flawed will be featured here at YarnEnvy shortly. It's just the wrong size for me, and it's pink and fluffy. Another object which is technically flawed on several levels, including expensive-yet-crappy yarn may also be featured. I sense a "YarnEnvy, Then and Now" edition coming on.

Most valuable knitting technique?

I am quite fond of an invisible cast on. It makes things look so not-home-made. But really, knowing how to seam properly is much more practical and makes my knitting life so much easier and pleasant.

Your most favorite knit pattern?

Considering how often I've made it, I'd have to say Sally Melville's Baby Albert. Simple, cute, practical, fun.

Favorite knitwear designer?

Norah Gaughan, but nobody's perfect. Except maybe Nancy Bush. She might be.

Best knitting magazine?

Interweave, of course. Fashionable, interesting, lovely!

Favorite Book?

I don't think I can pick just one. SM's The Knit Stitch really taught me a lot of things that marked my jump from amateur to professional. However, Scarf Style is practically revolutionary. Who knew we could love so many scarves?

Your favorite knit blogs? (Like Emily, to be fair, I'm going to only list people I don't actually know personally; although some of these people I feel like I know, even though I've never met them. )

Well, see the list off to the left, but I really pounce on entries from Mason-Dixon Knitting, JenLa, The Panopticon, Knit and Tonic, ChicKnits, Carrioke, Almost Felted, and Bookish Girl.

The knit item you wear the most?

I'm going to assume this means the hand-knit item I wear the most, and that would have to be the Cabaret Raglan. It's machine-washable, comfortable, and I look fantastic in it. Woo!

I think this has made the rounds. However, I'm going to tag Gwen and Kristin, because if they have already been tagged, I can't find it on their blogs. Please, share away, girls.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

I shoulda tagged you girl! :( You should try Classic Elite Star if you like the stretch. It's quite bouncy.