Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Football Finishing party

So much knitting! First, both sleeves for the Butterfly are done and blocking.

I got the second one done just in time to go to my friends' Superbowl party. Not bad, considering I casted on the second one this past Tuesday. It went really fast.

And, I didn't bring a project to the party (???) so Jenn (the hostess) let me work on one of hers that she wasn't too excited about. She had Second Sock Syndrome, but was past the heel. Well, I almost finished it for her. She has four more rounds in the toe, and it's a done deal. I had no idea I could be so prolific. I assured Jenn that next year she would not be so lucky.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that Silk Garden? Did yours give you fits as mine did? Colors knotted in the wrong place. Having to figure out how to get Tilt to be color sequenced, when the yarn was not cooperating wasn't fun! The sleeves are lovely!

Emily said...

Well, yay you! Great sleeves.

Kirsti said...

Those look just gorgeous! Yay for prolific-ness.

Anonymous said...

I think it is always way more exciting to work on someone else's project. Risque or something.

Anonymous said...

And, just so you know...I stayed up Sunday night and finished the sock, because I was excited to have it so close to being finished!! Thanks again, because now I have a really cool pair of socks that I would never have had if you brought a project to the party.

Great to see you, and thanks for the cream puffs - they were a big hit!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! I've been tempted to use that yarn, but a poor college art student could definitely not afford a sweater's worth! ;)

I love the yarn colors in your previous post...beautiful rosy, violetty yumminess!

Procrastiknitter said...

OK, so next time you are on your way to SD and come through the Omaha area I'll make sure that I have a project waiting for you and I'll throw a party in your honor? Is that a date?? LOL. Just kidding, but what beautiful colors!