My move (which still has no details) has gotten me thinking "How will life be different in Cincinnati?" of course. I've spent a considerable amount of time searching the Cincinnati Yellow Pages and the internets for businesses I enjoy in St. Louis. Most of my favorites are fixtures in both locales (Target!), but there are a few things I will miss.
1) Ted Drewes. I didn't have to look this one up, it's definitely local. Oh how I shall miss you, frozen custard.
2) Imo's pizza. Another one I didn't look up, but this one I'm not sure I'll miss that much. :|
3) Sonic Drive-In. There is one Sonic in the greater Cincinnati area, but how far is too far for fast food?
4) California Pizza Kitchen. Best bacon-as-ingredient in the world. Closest location to Cincy: Dayton. How far is too far for a salad?
5) Qdoba. A good alternative to Taco Bell when you're feeling fast and spicy, but not, well...Taco Bell.
6) No Bubble Tea in Cincinnati. How backward is that? But with no California Pizza Kitchen, what did I expect? There also is no Whole Foods, but there is a Trader Joe's and a Wild Oats. There's also another store the name of which I can't remember that might be an acceptable replacement.
On the flip side, Cincinnati has better BBQ, and Schlotzky's Deli. I think I'll survive.