Saturday, August 28, 2010

Stitches Midwest 2010

Well, there's not much to share from this year. I am totally overwhelmed by all the yarn in the stash, most of which does have a destined project. I am also no longer feeling the need to take advantage of close-outs and sales. There will be more close-outs and sales in the future.

So, without further ado, here's the take:

Clockwise, from upper left: One skein Madeline Tosh Merino Light, one skein gray alpaca from Pajolo Alpacas (my Minnesota Alpaca farm friends), six skeins of Green Mountain Spinnery Wonderfully Wooly (for Norah Gaughan's Tweedy Aran Cardigan), and a Japanese knitting pattern book and the folder of patterns and info I got from the Japanese knitting pattern class I took. Technically, I got the book at a nearby Japanese bookstore, and not at Stitches proper, but whatever. The good Japanese books were all gone at the Market by the time I knew what I was looking for.

So, as you can see, it's probably the smallest take since years past when I didn't have much of a budget. But these days I end up going to a lot more fiber festivals and events, so I have to spread out my purchases, or I'll be drowning in fiber.

Gotta get knitting!

0 comments: