Monday, May 09, 2011

Reston, VA: We Have Lots of Big Trees

This past weekend was the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, and I left work Friday at noon with great haste and determination to visit Gwen in Reston, VA, so that we could attend.  I must say it was the most nearly-perfect weekend I think I've ever had.  Travel was uneventful, weather was beautiful, and who could beat the company?

At the festival, I found one thing I was looking for:

A larger spindle















One thing I was probably going to find:
More fiber

And one thing I didn't know if I would find or not:
Yarn (from Davidson Farms)

























Look at all the people and their cars!



And I got a lot of knitting done, too.  This is the Helen's Lace shawl.  I am almost half done with it.




Recently, Gwen took a trip to Japan (came back a little earthquaked out) and brought me some Japanese knitting books!  They're really cool, and I can't wait to see if I can still figure them out, since they're in Japanese and all.  I took a class last year at Stitches, but haven't practiced my skill since then, so I expect it to be a little rusty.


When we weren't wandering the fairgrounds we were sitting on the couch watching movies.  So like I said: a nearly-perfect weekend.  It was very relaxing, which really hit the spot after a busy and stressful week.  Thanks again to Gwen for being a great hostess.  I highly recommend her guest bedroom.

0 comments: