Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Hello!

And welcome to my blog!  I would say that it's my first, but that would be a lie.  I had one for a little while on AOL, but I didn't post to it for long, and nobody read it, and I stopped using the screenname it was on, so it sort of died a quiet death.  It had very little to do with knitting, also.  Now, however, I have a digital camera, and love to take pictures, and I can document every little stitch I make.  I've read knitting blogs without pictures, and it's bo-ring.  I hope this doesn't lose my interest like the last one did, but alas, I think it's the curse of the blogger to become un-interested.  It happens all the time, and rarely do you see a "goodbye" note.  They simply stop mid-project.  I've been known to read a post or two of a knitting blog before realizing that all of this happened a year ago, and somehow it lost its magic.  I think it was because I didn't feel like I was "sharing" anything, I was just re-hashing old stuff, even though it was new to me.  Oh well.  I'm hoping that as time goes on, I'll be more consistent about reading other people's blogs, and establish connections, because who doesn't need more friends?   Not me, that's for sure.

Well, I'm at work right now (on lunch) so I don't have any pictures of my sad little WIPs.  I'll have to wait until tonight or tomorrow to really get this party started.

Tonight I am meeting up with all my knitty friends for our weekly "meet up".  We got together using the Meetup.com monthly Knitting Meetup, but now we meet every Wednesday, instead of just the third Wednesday of the month, and we go out for dinner beforehand, also.  This week we are going to a local BBQ establishment here in St. Louis, Super Smokers.  I haven't been, but I'm quite spoiled in the BBQ department, so we'll see how it goes.  I'll let you know if it's worth its barbeque sauce or not.





0 comments: