Thursday, August 05, 2004

All My Knitty Friends and I Go to a Concert


This evening my knitty friends and I went to the Alanis Morissette/Barenaked Ladies concert. I am a long-time fan of BNL, but have never had the opportunity to go to one of their concerts, so this was a wonderful evening for me. I think it was about 5 minutes into the show that I decided that I was going to marry Ed Robertson as soon as he divorces his current wife. The reasons are as follows:

1. He is a musical genius.
2. He is a comic genius.
3. He has the hottest tattoos I've ever seen (from 100 yards away).
4. He has at least one motorcycle.
5. He knows good barbecue when he sees it.

All this adds up to "Hottie Petottie". He is so very my-kind-of-guy. Now, since he is the love of my life, I want him to be happy, and divorce is not a happy thing, so if you know any guys like this, send them my way. That way Ed won't have to end his current marriage to make me happy. (Because I'm sure my happiness is as important to him as his is to me. Why wouldn't it be?)

Some of the other girls thought that Steven Page was the Hottie du jour. One of us abstained from voting. But I stayed the course and stood by my man. See both of them, and the other band members here. I declared that "this is what makes the world go 'round. We all pick different people." And it's true. We all have different tastes, and that's how everything works out the way it does.

Overall, we had a great time. As we were driving into the parking lot, it was pouring rain, and we had lawn seats in an outdoor ampitheater. But as we got out of the car, it stopped. Inside the theater we went to rent some chairs, but were informed that the house was open, and we didn't have to sit in the wet grass, we could sit in the seats. Yippee! It dripped a little on us a couple times during the evening, but nothing I would call rain.

Alanis Morissette was good. She could use some new stage moves. She seemed to either stand still or oscillate. While I respect her accurate impersonation of a pendulum, it was not an entertaining stage move. BNL were, as I am sure they always are, wonderful. They do so much more than stand there and sing and play, and they're hilarious. It's something you can't explain or describe, you just have to experience it. I highly recommend it. But remember, Ed is mine.

There was one thing that gave us pause: both acts this evening encouraged us to register to vote. This would not be unusual, except they're both Canadian. What do they care if we vote? Hmmm.

No knitting was done, but we did discuss our Stitches plans, and I was wearing a necklace I knit from wire and pearls. More on this later. You can kind of see it in the picture.

1 comments:

Teri said...

I'm certainly a Steven kind of gal. I'm amazed at how much energy he had jumping, dancing and running all around the stage. Plus the Busby Berkeley shopping cart thing was pure genius!

Hey that picture turned out pretty nice! I had fun but I'm dragging today. This 36 year old body can't keep up with the young-uns as well as I used to...LOL

In other news: Ed is hot!