Sunday, September 26, 2004

Knitted Out at The Knit Out

Yesterday I mentioned how difficult it was for me to find the exact location of the Knit Out. This is the view as you walked up to us. Do you see any knitters? Yeah yeah yeah, me neither.


But this is the view of "behind the tree". Isn't it lovely? The doorway on the left is to Our Little Room of Knitting Education. Gwen is there in the blue shirt on the right. The door in the middle is the door to the bathroom. We got a lot of business from being by the bathroom.

This is Mary Ann wearing the sweater I helped her to finish yesterday. Go Mary Ann! Doesn't it look lovely from the back? It looks just as lovely from the front. Mary Ann is showing these two ladies some of the Finished Objects we had to display. If I remember correctly, she was explaining the concept of "felting".

This is Kelly and her son and her mother, Sally. It just occurred to me that I don't know her son's name, other than "Little Man", which is what she always calls him. She didn't stay to knit with us, but it was very nice to see her, and to meet her adorable son. He has the cutest grin, when he's not being shy.

The good news is that next year we won't be located next to the bathroom, in a little cave. They told us that if we reserved now for next year they would buy another big canvas tent for us to use, which would make us a LOT more visible with a better location, and more a part of the Folk Festival. It was a very cute little historic-re-enactment-type festival with a couple of women spinning and a blacksmith, and other things of that nature. My favorite was the Kettle Korn. Yum. Hopefully next year we can advertise even better and get some new people to sit and knit with us. We had some people who were not members of the guild, but they were some of our Wendesday regulars, like Kelly.

I definitely got some knitting done. I made one necklace and two bracelets (and attracted a lot of attention), and I got through one repeat of the shawl. I'm about one third done now. And I still want to start something else. I love stockinette because I can do it quickly and I make good progress easily. But I will be strong. I will make more jewelry because that's what I should be doing.

4 comments:

Teri said...

Looks like a moderately enjoyable time. It would have been more fun if I were there. Ah well.

Also, I might have posted something. But if I did it was certainly not knitting related.

Melicrious said...

Looks like fun beth :) I'm not sure aobut the toilet block but at least you didn't have to walk far for pee pee breaks. Thanks soooo much for the nice rap on my hoodie and haircut. you crack me up! I will be spreading the word on who is the cutest fasionista in Oz (tee hee!)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Beth! It was nice to see you guys yesterday! We wanted to stay for a bit & join you in knitting, but TYSON (my son... I can't believe I've never told you guys his name!!!) was actually a bit restless (hungry) & really wanted to see the ponies some more. We ended up getting him a snack & sitting in the grass for a while...Mom & I each knitted a few rows, but then Ty was ready to go again! I'd love to see a photo of your newest pieces of jewelry... I will be buying something soon... B-days/Christnas/etc. are all coming up!
Kelly

Gwen said...

I had this bizarre dream last night in which you bought a truck that was metallic purple and it had a license plate that said YRN NVY...