Friday, December 17, 2004

Sucker Found

Tipper, my new favorite person, has very graciously not only given me yarn shop advice, but also has volunteered to take me there. She's going to pick me up at my hotel, take me to yarn shops, and then deposit me, in all my yarn-euphoria, at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. How cool is that? I don't have to rent a car or get a cab or whatever, and I don't have to get lost, and I get to make a new friend, and it's all just so cool.

Thank you, Blogland.

In preparation for leavin' on a jet plane, last night I transferred my Ruffles scarf to short circulars instead of long straights. They're aluminum, but I think it'll be fine. They aren't supposed to be taking knitting needles. And some people think that metal is bad because it shows up in the x-ray machines, but I'm not convinced; I went through with a box of Krispy-Kremes and the screener could tell which ones were jelly-filled. I don't think the metal needles show up that differently from other needles. But I suppose I'll risk it. I also have been given an extra size 3 DPN by Ellen, and now can continue the Broadripple Socks, which came to a screeching halt when I lost one of the needles. I could have fudged it before, but just wasn't motivated. Now that I have a full set I'm rejuvenated.

I better get packing, and finishing the "gift presentation without really giving a gift" presentation. Since we're all traveling to get together, we're going to just tell each other what we got each other and then ship everything later. I took a bunch of silly pictures with the gifts and wrote silly captions. I have one more to do.

I just saw the silliest thing. One of our local television stations just ran an ad for what they will be doing on Christmas morning for four hours. They call it "Yule Log". It'll be a tape of a fire burning. With holiday music. For four hours. You're supposed to snuggle up to the tv and enjoy the roaring fire. That is the stupidest thing I've heard today.

1 comments:

Teri said...

I kinda like the yule log idea.