Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Look! I made a frankfurter!


It's not really a frankfurter, of course. It's a neckwarmer. It's filled with 2 pounds of rice, and I can put it in the microwave, and then put it on the back of my neck to relax those tense muscles. (Which I had today, causing a headache, causing a sick day, causing some free time to finish a project. Funny how that works.)

[Update: for details on how to make your own neck-warming frankfurter, click here.]

I'm really glad to be done with this. Not because I now have a lovely neckwarmer. Not because I have a feeling of accomplishment. Because it was my KIP project, and it took twenty minutes to answer the "what are you making?" or "what kind of sock is that?" questions I got. A lady at the yarn shop asked me about it this past Saturday, and she was disgusted. At first she didn't get it, and then I put it on my neck to demonstrate, and she turned away with a tsk and a sigh. What a nasty person. What's the big frickin' deal?

5 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Beth - this very thing was recommended to me years ago when I was in physical therapy after a major car accident. I just used a sock though, I like yours much better!
~Beth

Gwen said...

I love it!!! Some people just don't get it and they are obviously missing something. Some people don't understand a good knitted sock either. "Why would you take all that time..."

Good timing on your part.

Gwen

Vicki said...

I can't believe someone at your yarn store would get so snooty! I think it's an amazing idea, even if it does look like a, well, you know ;)

Vicki said...

I can't believe someone at your yarn store would get so snooty! I think it's an amazing idea, even if it does look like a, well, you know ;)

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great thing! I have one that has flax seed in it and use it all the time. I think a knitted one is awesome. . . for myself and for presents. Shame on those knit store snobs.