Saturday, August 20, 2005

Clapotis #38,462 Progress

As I mentioned in my Stitches report, I completed the first of three balls of yarn (Wool In The Woods Southern Rose in Gem Jubilee) I have for the Clapotis. Here are some pictures and notes:

Two pictures of the right side. As you can see, I've dropped three stitches, which is three repeats of the straight section. I will continue to repeat the straight section for the entire second ball, then do three more repeats of the straight section at the beginning of the third ball, and then proceed on with the rest of the pattern. This way I won't run out of yarn.


This is a closeup of the back. I'm using the purl-instead-of-stitch-marker method. On the right side rows I purl the stitches between the KBLs; you can see the lines formed in the above pictures. On the wrong side, I knit the knits and purl the purls, twisting the stitches (PBL) on either side of the knit stitches.


In this picture, you can see how obvious the knit stitches are on the wrong side.

This is coming along great. I'm excited to see how it progresses.

1 comments:

Gwen said...

That looks fantastic. I still love the colors. This pattern is so fun to do.