Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Little Knitting....And Re-Knitting

Gems Opal does not want to be socks. I'm just letting you know in case you ever think you might like some Gems Opal socks. You might like it, but the yarn will fight you every step of the way.

It would take two hands for me to count how many times I've ripped out a Gems Opal sock. This particular sock has been completely ripped out twice. The first time was because the pattern was wrong, and the second time because the knitter was wrong. Under normal circumstances I'd just fudge it, but this is for the yarn shop and we'll have the pattern available, so I need it to be right right right.

This sock is doing better. I ripped out the heel once, but I'm being more careful this time, and it's turning out perfectly.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love the pattern on the second sock.

Gwen said...

I love the sock!! It's turning out so well.

Anonymous said...

I've had some similiar issues with Lorna's Laces.Yours looks great though. Hooray for toe ups!