Sunday, January 29, 2006

Training Is Going Well


On the left we have two balls of yarn, the larger one 200 yards and 99g, the smaller one 180 yards and 62g. The darker is a bit heavier in weight, but that's ok, because it's the main color. I think I'll use the technique in the new Vogue Knitting because then it's ok for either color to show through when I get to the color work part.

On the right we have a swatch. It seems that increasing 10 stitches every other row will give me a relatively flat top. However, in order to accurately monitor the progress I need to have a total of six needles, and I only have 5 (and one of them is bendy plastic, while the rest are birch). Oh well, I'll just have to buy more. Darn. What a pity, having to buy new knitting stuff. I just hate that, don't you?

2 comments:

Procrastiknitter said...

The color is so yummy! Good luck!

Whit said...

I love the look of your blog!!

Hey, I'd love it if you'd come join my Olympic Team - Team DPN!!

http://teamdpn.blogspot.com

--Whit