Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Got Some Mail Yesterday


Look, I put in the zipper! It's a little bubbly, so it's wet and blocking, but that's ok. I think I did an ok job. I had to make an emergency trip to the fabric store for thread. I've had the yarn for a month now, and I hadn't thought to buy matching thread. Jeez Louise. And for future reference, if the front bands are 20" long, don't order a 20" double separating zipper. You'll have to rip at least an inch worth of zipper teeth off with a pliers.

In other news, I'm working up directions for making a Little Knitting Bag. It's pretty quick, actually, but it has a lot of steps. I bought more fabric, and this one will be really pretty, too. The first one is a little short, and my needles stick out of the top. That will be corrected in the sequel.

And, I've learned that I make a mean omelet, Denver in particular. I've never made an omelet before, but I had some egg whites to use up (I used whole eggs, too), I've had them the past two nights, and they've been great. I've used some rather potent PepperJack cheese, and I think that makes all the difference. My father will be happy I'm getting enough protein.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Please post the pattern when you are done. I know I could figure it out on my own, but I would love to duplicate yours.
The zipper looks great! Can't wait to see the finished sweater.