Monday, July 31, 2006

Conquest!





Ah ha! I have finally finished one sock from the ever-challenging Socks That Rock. And it only weighs 55g, so I should have more than enough for the second sock, as the skein is 120g. What a relief.

People keep asking, I keep ignoring them; the stitch pattern is from the Vogue Stitchionary, vol. 1. I highly recommend this considerable tome to those of you who enjoy making up your own socks. There are MANY viable options provided in this book. The Socks That Rock are in the colorway Cobalt Bloom.

8 comments:

Gwen said...

Your socks look awesome!!! I love the pattern. I just finished knitting up my STR the other night that we bought last year. I'm ready to go now I tell you.

Gwen

Amy said...

You did it!! I'm working on a pair in the same color, but just plain ones. Yours look great.

Lia said...

Beauteous socks! They definately ROCK!

How are the new digs? Getting settled?

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Earin Marybird said...

I will put the Vogue book in my wish lish at Amazon and when extra money becomes available it will be mine!

As usual, a wonderful sock!

sheep#100 said...

Really nice.

Procrastiknitter said...

Awesome! Way too challenging for me!

Anonymous said...

How unique! The design is so beautiful and fascinating! Makes me consider taking up knitting as a new hobby.