Monday, July 03, 2006

&*^%$&* SOCK!!!!!!

I AM SO FREAKIN' TIRED OF RIPPING OUT THIS SOCK!!!!

I've lost track of how many times I've re-done this heel alone. I've taken Jen's advice and I'm letting the pooling issue go. I'm just letting it go .... Ohmm .... ohmmmm .....

But...now the foot is too big, which was the issue last time, except the heel was too big too; this time the foot isn't as too-big. (I haven't even been blogging all the ripping.) At least this time I'm not going to rip out the heel. Silver lining, right? And as I mentioned a post or two ago, I am working with five needles instead of four, which makes it much better, but I'm so tired of it. I keep putting it away hoping it will magically fix itself. Do you do this?

I started this sock on April 26th, and have worked on it consistently. That is ridiculous.

I also realized yesterday that I was so out of it when I was in Cincinnati that I didn't even consider taking a picture of anything with a sock. It didn't even cross my mind. I passed an alpaca farm, and didn't include an in-progress sock in the picture. What is the matter with me?

[sigh]

In other news, I have taken care of my utilities old and new. I have new phone numbers, and all evidence indicates that I will have electricity in my new abode. This is good to know.

6 comments:

Jocele said...

You're not the only one--I've been working on a Chevron sock for about 3 months, and tonight ripped it for the 4th or 5th time. Just know you're not alone in your sock frustration.

sheep#100 said...

I had an issue of ripping so often on one pair of socks that I could have made two pairs - I hear and feel your pain!

Larjmarj said...

Take a deep breath, close your eyes and repeat...

"pooling is good, pooling is our friend...pooling is good..pooling is our friend"

Anonymous said...

Beth--

I just finished a pair of socks that I started 12 years ago!! Set it aside. Work on another UFO. It will happen for you :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your sock. My move is nt going as smoothly as I had hoped. Oh well. I will talk to you soon.

Kristin said...

Do you think it's a function of the STR? I had to start mine over a kabillion times, too. It's pretty, but it's hell to get right.