Sunday, March 16, 2008

Is a Thumb a Finger?

If a thumb is a finger, then I have one more finger to do on the second glove. Otherwise, I'm done with the fingers, yippee!


In other crafty news, I've been working on making stuff for Sadie.
I found this super cute pattern from McCall's: (number M5015)
and I've completed the crate cover:

I have plans to make the crate pad and bumper, too, but that can wait, since I'm going to have to use the divider to make the crate seem smaller to her. If it's big enough for her to pee in one end and sleep in the other, crate training won't work, and even though this is the smallest crate I could find, I think it's definitely too big at this point. It'll be perfect when she's grown.

I am mostly happy with the pattern; it told me how to measure the crate to ensure the cover would fit, but then it instructed me to add 3 inches to all the dimensions, and only called for 1/2" seam allowances. This struck me as odd, but I continued on, thinking they knew better than I, but ended up trimming quite a bit to make it fit all right. It was three inches too long. Duh.


In other doggy news, I bought some puppy food yesterday, and was given this card:

Unfortunately, the bag I bought will probably take up to two months to get through, and I would have to buy 12 bags of the same food within 12 months to get the free bag. Little Sadie is never going to eat 12 bags of anything in 12 months.

0 comments: