Monday, July 21, 2008

More Happiness Than I Can Handle

Gwen came to visit this week. And we had more fun than we could reasonably deal with. I'm still exhausted. Sadie is not. She was on Friday night, though. We had a "movie night" at my apartment, and by 11:00 the poor puppy couldn't even keep her head up and just laid on the floor and looked at us.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Gwen arrived Wednesday night, at which time we basically ate and drank until we went to bed.

Thursday we went to the grocery store, took Sadie to the dog park, had lunch (not necessarily in that order) then we rested for a little bit before heading out to dinner at a marina and on to the Jimmy Buffett concert. Which was a blast. Gwen made a lot of random friends, and I did not, but that's ok. I'm not so fond of random friends when they are drunk and sweaty and keep bumping into me. I hate that. Anyone else with me?

Friday Liesl got us going and we hit the farmer's market, Gap Outlet, and a candy store. Then we hung out at my apartment, knitting of course, and it was movie night with Lisa, and Liesl re-joined us later. See previous mention of One Tired Puppy. Fun times. Good dip.

Saturday we went to lunch and had what Gwen and I call a Yarn Crawl (hearkening back to our days of Pub Crawls) but the ladies around here call a Shop Hop. It was greatly abbreviated, because no one except Janet needed yarn. But it was fun none-the-less. Who said you have to spend money to have fun? We did spend a little at an ice cream/candy shop down the street from the last shop, which I never knew was there before, but will certainly frequent now that I do. And then it was on to Stitch 'n' Pitch at the Reds game. It was hotter than blazes, and rumor had it that the yarn shops couldn't afford to donate shwag for the bags this year, so there was no free stuff, but it's always fun to spend time with friends, I think. We did get free hats along with 20,000 other ticket holders due to the 50th anniversary Reds Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. So now I have a hat.

And I decided to rip out a lot of the knitting I had gotten done. I tried on the sock I was working on and decided the heel flap was too long. Having worked about half-way down the gussett, I had a lot to rip out, but it looks a lot better now.

Sunday we ate lunch, and Gwen flew away back to Washington, D.C.

It was a long weekend, and I'm ready for some quiet and alone-ness, but it was definitely a good time and I do enjoy having people over to my home. I just don't do it very often because of my poor-but-improving housekeeping skills. More on that later.