Saturday, March 20, 2010

Emerging from Hibernation -or- Spring Has Sprung!

Hello everyone! The snow has melted and I have rejoined the living. I hunkered down for a few weeks during the olympics, and by the end I had had enough snow and cold weather. Thankfully, it was nearly over.

So, with a new lease on life I attacked the house in a fit of Spring Cleaning. Last weekend not only did I rotate the area rugs and clean the floors beneath, but I also installed insulation in my attic. Let me tell you, that encapsulated fiberglass batt is the best! I didn't have a single itch after three hours of wrestling with giant rolls of pink cotton candy. Needless to say, I have no pictures of the Before and After. When I was done, I was not going back up there for as long as I'm able.

I did however take a picture of another project from last weekend. I present my new porch swing:
I had never actually sat on a porch swing before, but now I can say: I Love It!

This weekend, on top of some weeding (already, the dandelions!) I installed a new mailbox.

Old: small and rusty. Anything larger than a standard business envelope wouldn't fit, and magazines kept it from shutting.

New: big and shiny.
It will no longer be obvious from the street when I haven't gotten home yet by the open mailbox, magazines and bills spilling forth. My postal carrier will be thrilled, I'm sure.

Please disregard the white shmutz where the old mailbox used to be. It is insect stuff, and I'm hopeful it will go away without any help from me. Yuck.

I did do some Olympic knitting, and finished a sweater and a hat, but don't have good pictures to share. If anyone cared about the Knitting Blog Ring anymore I'd be kicked out for sure. But rest assured that I am still knitting. I am also very close to starting a Cincinnati Knitting Guild. I actually found some other people interested in such a thing, and wheels are moving. I plan to give it a push and get the heck out of the way. Either wish me luck, or shoot me now.

0 comments: