Sunday, October 31, 2004

I Wait All Year...

One of my favorite days of the year is the day we set the clocks back and get an extra hour. I usually use it for sleep. Last night my upstairs neighbor was "entertaining" and all I got was an extra hour of being woken up periodically. If he would just move the bed a little farther away from the wall...

Finished Object!
A thrummed mitten, outside:

and inside:

Yippee! How fun! Now that I think about it, looking at it is way more fun than doing it. Those thrums are a pain in the ass. But it went pretty quickly, and didn't use nearly half of the fiber I have.

I haven't had any trick-or-treaters so I guess I'll just have to eat all that candy I bought. Teri was feeling some consternation in regards to tart candy. Well, Teri, some of us like tart things, so that's why they make it. I've never met a candy that was too tart for me. Seriously. Love it. Bring it on.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

The mitten looks awesome!!!

I'm with you on tart candy. I was at my mom's and they had close to 75 trick-or-treaters, but she still had some candly left. Unfortunately, it was all Snickers bars and I was looking for something more adventurous.

Melicrious said...

wow! they must be so snuggly to wear and the hearts are sooo cute too! Does not getting any trick or treaters endorse the whole "scary knitting lady" image you talked about?

Teri said...

Groovy! It kinda looks like it exploded on the inside. Don't your fingers get caught on those little popcorns of fiber?

I stand by my convictions: Sour candy is icky.

Lauren said...

Your mitten looks perfect.

I'll be eating quite a bit of leftover candy too. :)