Friday, April 08, 2005

Incentive....

I received a package today. (It arrived Wednesday, but I didn't have time to pick it up at the leasing office until today, but nevermind.) It's from KnitPicks.

Look at all the yummy ready-to-dye goodness!

Some of it is the yarn I bought to dye for a sweater and the rest is for your Operation Big Chop Donation Bribe.

And in a quest for a lovely purple - Grape Berry Kool-aid

Unfortunately, Grape Berry Kool-aid has been discontinued (at least at the store where I got it). So I need to decide post-haste if this is the color I want my Kangaroo (from The Purl Stitch) to be. I do really like it, but I'm not sure if it's really that different from normal Grape, in which case I don't have to make an emergency run to the grocery store to buy what they have left. Or, if they still have a lot left, how much do I get? When we had our dyeing party, we each had 12 packets per skein, but a lot of it went down the drain, and the article on Knitty says one packet per ounce. Hmmmm. The other color I'm considering is Jamaica which is a rich red-brown sort of color. I think the purple is the way to go. I look great in purple, and it makes me happy, and this will be a comfy-beat-around-the-house sweater. Well, I think I just made my decision. I better get to the store.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

So, fingering weight and worsted weight equally as soft or other?

amy! said...

I wasn't happy with any of the Kool-Aid purples. I didn't try mixing blues and reds, however. But the best purple I got was with Easter Egg dye. I may take a break from dyeing, but if I go for purples again, I think I'll try Wilton dyes.