Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Good Service, Bad Service

1. I was called this morning about a trip to Cincinnati. Seems it will be next Tuesday, but I didn't get a follow-up call with details. More waiting.... It would be nice to know....

2. Today I received my order from Yarnzilla. This is a picture, and I'm too lazy to rotate it for you. From left to right (or bottom to top) one skein Regia Surf Colors in Provence, two skeins of Malabrigo in Pinot (you have to touch it to fully appreciate it), and four skeins of Aurora 8 in brown (which no one in St. Louis carries, for no good reason. Boo. It's lovely.) I got my shipment two business days after placing my order, and the deal was unbelievable. Also, it's a shop in Minnetonka, MN, the Mother Land, which I am happy to support.

3. While I was just able to use Blogger's new picture posting feature, which wasn't working the last time I tried, I am not receiving e-mail notifications for your comments. Please forgive me if I don't respond; I probably am not getting your e-mail address. Also, someone notified me that they were not able to see the pictures in either Explorer or Netscape. I'm not having any problems at home or at work, so I don't know what to do. Is anyone else having problems? Please let me know; the more symptoms I can report, the more likely it is to get fixed. I didn't change anything here, so it's probably Blogger's fault. Who am I kidding? It's always Blogger's fault. I guess if I wanted something better, I'd have to, you know, pay for it or something. :)

7 comments:

Emily said...

oooh--pretty yarn. Worth rotating my head for. Hope you hear from Cincy soon.

Vicki said...

I havne't had any problems with your blog. What pretty yarn. All that pink and brown :)

Anonymous said...

(yay for pirate names!)
I really like the pink/brown direction you're going; very pretty, yet still sophisticated. :)

For the browser problems, if the readers are using Windows Explorer for MacIntosh, that's a different animal than the regular Windows explorer. I think Netscape is also Mac-only, but I'm not sure. I know there are several differences in how those two browsers handle some web code than other (non-Mac) browsers, but I'm really just a hacker in that arena.

HTH!

Anonymous said...

tottally off subject, I know you are a Target fan. The target in my area has knitting kits on clearance from 10 to 20 dollars. They have yarn, needles, a pattern, and a learn to knit CD. while they probally aren't the best yarn in the world, they would make good Christmas gifts. And I did pick up a halter top kit for me.

Teri said...

I use the Safari browser with my Mac and I've never had a problem seeing photos on your blog. Unless they're blurry photos. But honestly, you can't blame that on Blogger.

Also, I'm working on some socks right now with that very same Regia yarn. It's a bit splitty and I've had to go down to size 1 because it's thin....but it is LOVELY when it's worked up and the stripes are really groovy. I should take a pic and put it on my blog. It's been forever since I've put up a work in progress there.

Kristin said...

The girls I knit with call Malabrigo "butter" because it's THAT soft.

Anonymous said...

I'm the one who wrote the other day about photo trouble in Netscape and Explorer, but today all is well. (Instead of photos I was just seeing dinky outlined boxes.) Thanks!