Friday, July 22, 2005

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear

It got out of control. Somehow I didn't think it would, but it did.

Today when I got home from work, I was in a rare mood to clean (read: "straighten up" No cleaning products were harmed in the making of this blog entry.) And when this happens I know to strike while the iron is hot, and since the yarn purchased in the past few weeks had sufficiently "aged" in my presence and line-of-sight, I decided it was time to put it away in "The Stash".

My long-time readers will remember that I keep The Stash in a large under-the-bed box, that when purchased was maybe one third full. Yeah. Not anymore. It's full. Completely full. I am glad that the center of the lid doesn't snap down, it just bows up to contain the excess. In my defense, some of it is not yarn, but souvenirs that I store with the yarn, and a chunk of it is the beautiful yarn brought for me from Ireland by my friend at work, Mike, which in a way, is a souvenir, too, and certainly not my fault. When I asked him to bring me back some yarn, I was just kidding.

[Jenn commented on my last post that "And as far as yarn goes - there's nothing [in Cincinnati] that you can't find anywhere else." Well, first of all, there are a lot of yarns that you can't get in St. Louis which I lust for deeply in my knitty heart, like Koigu, Lorna's Laces, and Karabella. Secondly, take it from your Old Uncle Beth, never never pass up a chance to buy yarn at a RYS (Remote Yarn Shop). It is classified not as yarn-that-will-be-added-to-my-overflowing-stash-about-which-I-will-have-guilt, but souvenir. Say it with me: "sou-ven-ir".]

Anyway, I better get back to my knitting. There are also quite a few WIPs floating around that need to get finished before I can clean up some space in The Stash.

To that end, here is a picture of the right front of the Isis Wrap:

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Yeah right, souvenir. Keep telling yourself that sweetheart :) I'm running out of yarn storage space, but I don't have a central place for it. Just random plastic drawers. And the nice plastic bags they give me at the lys. Better get knitting!

Anonymous said...

Well, I was refering to the yarn mall that is the internet, but I think you knew what I meant. And you're right in that you can't actually touch a lot of yarns in da Lou.

My stash is in a big wicker trunk that I bought last thanksgiving from Garden Ridge. I promised myself that my stash would never exceed its confines - but who would have planned on Homespun donations for blankets???? So now it creeps out a little....