Thursday, May 25, 2006

Socks That Rock - Strike Two

[No pictures today, so if you’re not a regular reader of YarnEnvy, or would like to refresh your memory, the project I’m referring to here is summed up in the last two posts, more or less. Just scroll down a bit; we’ll wait.]

Not even an inch into the stitch pattern and I know it’s not going to work out. I changed to size 2 needles and fewer stitches; it’s too loose and is flashing even through the stitch pattern. So, now where there were two balls (the original and the re-wound part from the first try) there are now three – the original, the re-wound first try, and now a little ball that is the re-wound second try.

So…it’s going to have to be size 1.5US. Perhaps a new stitch pattern, something with holes maybe? Dare I suggest…stockinette? I think the YoYo socks will have to wait for a different yarn, finer and with more yardage. Maybe my Lorna’s Laces Funky Stripe....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry you're having such bad luck with such beautiful yarn! It's just not fair.

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe you could just buy another skein in the same color way at stitches! ;) -Suzie