Friday, June 09, 2006

The Mother Ship is Calling*

I'm moving to Cincinnati!

The freaking out continues!

It took a little brain-wrapping before I accepted the offer, but I decided it was all-around a good move for me, and I'm excited. I'm also scared, and nervous, and in general just discombobulated. But that's normal.

I've determined that no matter the temptation, tonight I am NOT going to pack anything or throw anything away. I am going to try to relax, and read my new "Insider's Guide to Cincinnati". See how consistently I spell that correctly?

So let me get this straight: David Letterman comes on at 11:30pm, but I'm still expected to be to work by 8am?

To all the Tri-State Area (the one with Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky in it) residents out there: Will you be my friend? Please?

*Cincinnati is home of the largest number of the most voracious Jimmy Buffet fans in the country. I'll fit right in.

13 comments:

Nomad said...

Congratulations! I think you'll like Cinti. It's very humid but also kinda pretty. Just north of it all the land is flat, but Cinti is where the glaciers didn't reach, so it's all lumpy.

Ironically, my Dad finds out on Thursday if he's getting transferred BACK to Cincinnati from NY.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! When are you moving? Let me know if you need help packing your stash. *cough*

Emily said...

Congratulations, Beth! I'm very excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job and the move! My cousin lives there and it sounds like a nice place to live.

Reighnie said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Whoo HOOO!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Beth. Cinnci will love you.
Are you coming up to Alpine Valley for the Buffet concert tonight? We aren't going, but I think everyone else I know is. :-)

Tipper said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Beth! I'm so happy for you. As for the Letterman thing, I'd invest in Tivo or get a DVR through the cable company. That way you can watch Letterman the next day after work!

I can't remember if we discussed this the first time you went there for an interview, but the art museum in Cincinnati is very nice.

So? Details? How soon are you moving and will you have a chance to visit KC before you move?

Amy said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Cinci is a great city, I think you'll like it...

Anonymous said...

congrats! I'll try to make it to Barnes and Noble some wednesday before you go to show you what I'm knitting out of your kool aid dyed yarn (and to say goodbye, of course). -Wendy

Anonymous said...

Beth
I live just north of Indianapolis.
I will be your friend.
And of course you love Dave - he is a hoosier you know!
Cinci is a very nice area -- and my good knitting buddy knows of a great yarn shop somewhere there - I will get details. When does the new job start?
Jeannie

Marina said...

If I weren't the shyest and most boring person here, I would volunteer to be your friend. But, if you have any problems at all, you can call on me.