Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Game Continues

So far the word from Cincinnati is good. It's just a waiting game now. I gotta tell ya', having a recruiter on your side is the Best Thing In The World. It's like having your own personal job-getting assistant, for free! How cool is that?

I have to admit it's pretty scary, though. I think "stress of moving" ranks right up there with "death of a family member" or "loss of job". What if they hire me and then discover it was all a terrible mistake?

In between freak-out episodes I have been looking for apartments on the internet, and knitting!

This is almost one skein of Cascade Sierra being made into First String from the Summer Knitters.

I love the color; it reminds me of raspberry sherbet.

And this is my new toy:

It's my new MP3 player. I love it. It's such a pretty pearly pink; I debated between the white and the pink, afraid it would be an ugly plastic hot pink. But it's perfect. It receives the radio, and has a voice recorder. So now I'm doing the new-MP3 player-owner-rip-all-my-CDs dance. Fun times.

And, I realized that my new car will play MP3s, too. So I burned my Jimmy Buffett box set onto one little CD-ROM, it worked, and I'll be so much better equipped for road trips in the future. How cool is that?

4 comments:

Emily said...

Fingers crossed for job!

Love the pink MP3 player.

Amy said...

Hope you get the job! (Love the pink mp3 player too).

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you DON'T get the job, but that's because I'm selfish and don't want you to leave St. Louis. :)

I'm kidding, of course. I know it would be a great opportunity for you, so I really am crossing my fingers for you - bitter-sweetly.

Love the sweater color, too!! I can't wait to show you the sweater for Cecilia! I'm halfway through the back, then block, sew 2 seams and DONE!!

-Colleen

Anonymous said...

And as a fun of Jimmy Buffett, you'll be at home in Cincy! There's a crazy following and group of Parrotheads there! (In fact, this Saturday is a Buffett concert in Cincy.)

I was born and raised in Cincy, and a good portion of my family still lives there (so I get to visit). Sometimes I miss it.

Best wishes for you with this job (and a possible move). I'll try to think up great places and things for you in Cincy... just in case. ;)