Friday, June 02, 2006

Cincinnati: Game On!

Long-time readers may recall that I periodically travel for job interviews, which obviously don't work out, because I'm still here. The last trip was to Cincinnati for a position with a flavor company. It didn't work out; they weren't as interested as they thought they were. Poo on them. Their loss.

Well, I just got back from another trip to Cincinnati for an interview with another flavor company. I think it went well, but that's what I thought last time too. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, here are some pictures from the trip:

1. Upper left hand: My Interview-Portfolio-To-Look-Organized-and-Prepared and two My Leetle Bags with two sock projects. Which was a good thing because on the flight out I realized that I had been inconsistent with the stitch pattern on one of them and I'm considering ripping. Because of the colors, it's not obvious, but well, you know...
2. Upper right hand: Wouldn't this make a lovely place to sit and knit a bit? Do you think I took advantage of this?


And I was pleasantly surprised to notice that two of the hotel-room art pieces were by one of my favorite artists! How welcoming. If any of you recognize his work, please tell me his name, as I've forgotten it and lost the piece of paper I wrote it down on. Neither piece was signed, and hard as I pulled, neither would come off the wall so I could take the poster out of the frame and read the caption.

2 comments:

Tipper said...

The artist is Thomas McKnight. http://www.art.com/asp/display_artist-asp/_/CRID--195/posters.htm?ui=76FB67ADABE24DD984DB7DDA7E86D90D

(I only sort of knew that; I couldn't remember his name. But I did a search for "window" of all things on art.com and came up with a version of one of the pictures you posted.)

stacey said...

My husband and I love McKnight! We were lucky enough to catch a gallery having a huge sale and bought a few lithographs...I thing the series is called Mikinos View, just lovely.