Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stitches Midwest 2008

Just a quick update since Stitches Midwest 2008.  Above you see the swatch I made in my Overture to Estonian Lace class.  There are some wonky bits, but nothing I felt was worth going back to fix on a swatch, so don't look too closely.  

Gwen and I had a great time (even though we were missing Suzie) and we felt that we showed great restraint.  However, when I added it all up, it wasn't as restrained as I thought.  But that's ok.  A lot of what we got this year was patterns, and I also spent some on yarn for gifts.  (The sun and time haven't cooperated for pictures yet, but I'll get to it shortly.)  When faced with a hard decision, I remembered how little knitting I've gotten done this year, and erred on the side of caution.  I know things will get better as Sadie gets older and more mature, but it's still pretty slow.

0 comments: