Sunday, April 17, 2011

First Annual CTSKG Yarn Crawl

Yesterday was the first annual Cincinnati Yarn Crawl organized by the Cincinnati Tri-State Knitting Guild.  What a day!  We made it to all seven local shops, and everyone had a great time.  By the end of the day there weren't very many of us left, and those of us remaining were exhausted.  In the future we will certainly be mixing up the starting places, and we may break it up into two days.

All of the shops we visited were very welcoming and gracious.  It really made for a wonderful day, and we are lucky to have such a great selection of LYSs in Cincinnati.  Of course, I forgot to take pictures at every single shop, so I have nothing to share, except shots of the yarn I purchased.  It's Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in the colorway "Robot Overlords"  (what is going on over a Lorna's these days?!?  Another colorway favorite was "Zombie BBQ".  What does that even mean???)  I honestly don't know why I bother to take pictures any more.  It never does the yarn justice, especially where reds are concerned.


Anyway, the shop sample of the pattern caught my eye, and I just had to have it; and it turned out the pattern was on the ball band.  Funny I've gone this long without knowing about the label pattern for Helen's Lace, when I've certainly known of Helen's Lace for many years.

I can also now say with certainty that I made every effort to buy the Jordana Paige bag I want locally.  But no one had it in the color I wanted.  I have nothing to do but order it on line.  L.J. Kaelms

0 comments: